Sunday, September 25, 2011

To promise is to have faith

I love this so much! Especially that self content, full of commitment look on Pooh's face with a big wide grin and chest out posture saying "I promise" 
When I see this picture, a random thought come to my mind. The one whom I'm gonna share my life with shall be the one who can say "I promise" to me in such light hearted yet sincere way with such a blissful smile on the face. 
It's so hard to have someone who could do this so simply well. 
I'm never a person who believe in promise..and has always forbid myself from using the word.
But do I have to be so hard on myself?
Sometimes making a promise to others is a commitment to yourself. This is what I have learn through my experience of not giving promise. By not giving promise, I give reasons which sometimes turns out to be excuses. I excused myself for not attending friend's wedding..because I didn't promise to go in the first place. I excused myself from meeting up with friends because I didn't promise. I excused myself from committing to myself, my dream, my goal because I didn't promise myself that I can achieve all that. To promise is to have faith. Simple. To have faith is to have hope. To have commitment is the first key to achieving any goal in life. This is what I learn when I begin to promise.
Maybe instead of not giving someone a promise, why not give yourself a promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment