Friday, April 1, 2011

Learning compassion for ourselves

 Have I learned compassion for myself? I asked myself today. In the midst of unsettled works, I lost a sense of myself today. Supposed to be enjoying our little getaway from work with Bird. But it seems I'm still tied up with random incoming changes of work and still find myself working out of office, answering calls from boss, amending works and sending emails. It seems I have a hard time to call work off or to allow myself a "Me" time. Unfortunately, I turned a little edgy on Bird and felt really bad to in some ways jeopardize what could have been a great mood of Bird. I know Bird would understand. But I just felt some reflections gotta be done here. 

Guess like what Bird says if every not-so-good occurrence could be seen as a comedy, we would feel better and able to calm ourselves down better. I think for every occurrence, maybe there is no bad or good in it, it's all perspectives again and if we could see it as lessons learn, then perhaps we can transform that negative energy to a positive one. We all have flaws in our perfection and that make us unique. Life is a constant exploration and learning. So here's something I guess we gotta learn:

1. To be kinder to ourselves
2. To let be. Take things with a lighter heart.
3. We can't satisfy everyone, so knowing when to say "no" is sometimes important.

"Being responsible is good. Being compassion to ourselves is the first step to bring more good to everything we do, everyone we meet." - bee

 Since young, I been "trained" to be responsible. Being responsible is good. But guess I have to learn how to take "being responsible" lightly and not being over critical with myself and others. 
And to Bird..thank you for bearing with me at times like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment