Monday, May 7, 2012

Wish all animals receive good love & care

Hmm I have quite a number of stuffs to write about. But the one thing that triggers my mind now is an abandoned dog. I have never taken care of animals before. Well I have pet rabbits, tortoise before..but that were long before I can remember when I was just kiddo. Of course, even if I remember, pulling rabbits ears and spinning tortoise on its shell definitely doesn't make me sound like a good animal carer. In fact, I doubt my ability to take care of things, from plants to animals to people. I have a heart for them, but just didn't think I have hands for them. I find myself too forgetful, too rough to handle life.
Well I received a text from my cousin asking if I can keep an abandoned dog for a while. I got really   excited about it, thinking how am I gonna ask my mum for permission to do so. Though I have qualms about how am I gonna take care of a dog. But the thought of the dog suddenly being abandoned out in the open with just a plate of water some people left for it, my heart kind of sank. I have seen how my friend took care of her beloved dog, Rei. She is really a fortunate girl to have my friend to take care and love. And I do understand how animals strike this connection with human. I was just hugging Rei yesterday. She is warm and the moment I press the door bell, she was right there in front of me. I was surprised at her speed since she can hardly walk with her crippled leg after an operation some time ago. I held her in my arms, walked around my friend's place. She is so warm. I must admit I find it hard to resist loving these little furry friends.

Anyway, I reached home, saw my dad and thought wow asking my dad may have better chance. But to my disappointment, his ans was a flat no and my mum was complaining how dogs can have furs around and how she dislike people who keep pet. Though of course, I think that is her ignorance at some point about pet from what she heard from people. Yes dogs to shed fur, make noise, poo.. But don't we human do all those as well. Well I got back into my room, my brother walked in and asked me my dad's response. I said no. My brother mentioned Shihtzu is known for its notorious barking and skin problem. My sister agreed. My brother left the room to shower, my sister continues her sleep. And I just sat there at my desk, tearing away not sure why. But tears just well up. I'm such a kiddo. Sometimes I do feel like I'm the youngest in the family. This reminds me of how I bought milk bottle and powder for a kitten I found at my neighbor's flower pot.

Well, wish all animals receive good care and love from their human friends.

And thanks to Bird for being a listening ear and offer that I could keep a dog in our home next time if I really really really want to. hehe well, I probably wouldn't specially buy a dog but knowing that I could keep animal and Bird being so understanding make me feel so loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment