Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Being Joy

Oh right... Bee is buzzing here and there and everywhere lately. Mainly, I'm buzzing through my way to understand what makes me happy and what energizes me and give me joy. I always thought I have a work that I'm happy with and that it doesn't feel like work. Maybe that is true for large first part of my journey in this work. But recently, it seems to be further and further away from what seems like a dream that I would fulfill with joy. It seems to be deviated from what I always thought it is. So honestly, I felt lost for the first time and maybe even a little depressed. I started asking myself questions. I realise I could do so much more and there are so much more things that could energize me beside work.

I watched talks, read books, did alittle gardening, getting high with my friend who says Popsicle reminds her of me, hug a dog, snapping photos. Well I'm happy while I'm doing all these. I'm someone who just have to pour my heart into something because that is pretty much me. My soul.




Watched this talk by Benjamin Zander and I feel exactly each impulse, each note he is talking about. I love how he said success to him is about watching his audiences' eyes filled with sparkles. And I totally can relate to what he said about "if your audiences' eyes are not sparkling, ask yourself who are you being" This is exactly how I'm feeling. I don't feel myself sparkling lately and I'm asking myself who am I being. 



Success to me is when I'm able to inspire or help people and watch their eyes sparkle. Yap. Simple as this and this gives me joy and this makes my eyes sparkle, my voice energized, my soul lit up.

So here I'm on a path of being. Being joy.



Give everyone an A! Love this speech Benjamin Zander gives. It's amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment