Wednesday, May 30, 2012

SongBird



aww this is making me so so happy and chirpy (despite my aching tooth)

SongBird by Ryan Montbleau Band

Sweet little songbird sitting on a wire, sing a fire from your belly so small. 
Sound waves 'a roll and the waves spread wide, you sing your song till it's six feet tall. 
Walkin', talkin', stalking down the side walk, wearin' cloth's standin side by side. 
Fly little song birds on to the next stop, you sing your song you look each other in the eye. 

Who ought to tell you not to sing your story? Who ought to tell that your singin' off key? 
You are the dance, you are not the dancer, you are the song, not the one who sings. 

Be-a-you-tiful song, songbird. Be-a-you-tiful song, songbird. Be-a-you-tiful song, songbird. 
And you tell me true. Tell me true. 

You know my trinny got the wild 'magination. He think they lookin' when he walk on by. He think the world is one big big mirror, he get upset and then he don't feel right. 

And he walkin', stalkin', stalkin' down the side walk, sporting cloths strutting stride by stride. I tell him trinny you are not what you consider, I stop 'em dead when I look 'em in the eye. 

I say, "Who ought to tell you not to sing your story? Who ought to tell that your singin' off key? 
You are the dance, you are not the dancer, you are the song, not the one who sings." 

Be-a-you-tiful song, songbird. Now Be-a-you-tiful song, songbird. Now Be-a-you-tiful song, songbird. 
And you tell me true. Tell me true. 

You get upset and then you don't feel, you don't feel right. You try to fly up straight and you fly uptight. You try to talk about life, like it's all an event... Life is the dancer, you are the dance. 

So be-a-you-tiful song, songbird. Now Be-a-you-tiful song, songbird. Now Be-a-you-tiful song, songbird.  
And you tell me true. Tell me true. Tell me true. Tell me true. Oh you tell me true, oh a beautiful songbird, beautiful songbird.

No comments:

Post a Comment