Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's day

Happy Mother's Day:)
Had a good mellow day with mum in the west..visited two new malls. Shopping, trying clothes..and found good buy for just $6!!! That's a great deal. It's not exactly about the money sometimes but the fact that most things are over priced (because we don't really need it anyway) so to found a great deal is an exciting thrill (at least for me). Oh and ironically (though much appreciated), I'm the one shopping most of the day and mum bought me a $22 blouse when I didn't really have a present for Mother's day. Well that's why I love my mum! Because beyond all her talking about money and comparing my salary to her friend's daughter, she is really not that a money person deep down. And I didn't like to get a present purposely for an occasion when I have no strong idea what to get. Mainly, she is contented just having me accompanying her during this day for mothers. I take this seriously:) Every year, since the day I realize the importance of kinship and that life is unpredictable and most importantly, that parents really love us unconditionally, I have made a point to accompany my mum especially during such occasion. It has nothing to do with the success of someone who founded and so many others who branded Mother's day. Personally, it's a day to remember love and loved ones. It's easy to neglect, oversees our loved ones when we are in our midst of making sense of life and making life meaningful. So days like these is a good reminder and opportunity to be with our loved ones. 

I love how we took pictures of ourselves sitting in Franc Franc, eating frosty icecream and fries at Wendy's, trying clothes in one small fitting room, looking at durians, sharing fried kway teow and oyster omelet in hawker. Yap, it's simple pleasure of life being with my loved ones that brings me immense joy:) Will update with photos in next post. 

I reached home with an intention to vacuum and mop the floor, but was too sleepy to do so. Keep telling myself to settle some writing and getting started on something. But just can't get my heart on it. So endup reading away, one after another and I found enjoyment in it:) ( Yap I'm someone who is learning how to enjoy, I found myself finding faults with myself at not doing something or well in that something more than I allow myself to just simply do nothing. Sadly sometimes even reading is considered as doing nothing to me. So each time I spend more time reading than doing, I felt bad) Yes, yes I'm such an uptight person who is too serious about doing things. 

I was randomly reading blogs online and come across a post which I can relate so much which make me tear a bit, felt my heart sank a bit but also reaffirm some pending decision of mine to take a leap. So I continue to allow myself to simply just read on... below are some of the articles I been reading.



Good night:) Good Morning:)

No comments:

Post a Comment