Saturday, November 17, 2012

Something about books

Just sat among heaps of books, taking a glimpse of each book. Big and small. Business books, spiritual well beings books, Creative books and not forgetting Winnie the pooh. I am not as book fan as Bird, but I love books, words, language of expressions and the smell of books, oh and I love papers! The yellowish brown pages where words are inked, the "freckles" on old books, the accidental dog eared pages, the hard cover, the soft cover, the attractive covers that speaks to you like love at first sight, the magic of fonts on the cover that seems to whisper so quietly the story beneath. E copies of books are readily available, but there is something simply incomparable to hard copies of books with ink and paper. Each book has a character of its own, waiting to be explored, discovered and fall in love. If dog is man's best friend, book is man's soul mate. 

As I'm writing this post, I'm looking at my surrounding of books;
1. Damn good advice (for people with talent) by Adman, George Lois
2. What's your life's work? by Bill Jenson
3. Be tha mircale by Regina Brett
4. Self healing with Reiki by Penelope Quest
5. 100 dollar startup by Chris Guillebeau
6. Cash in a flash by Mark Victor Hansen & Robert G. Allen
7. The many adventures of Winnie the Pooh
8. The Tao of Warren Buffett by Mary Buffett & David Clark
9. Heart, Smarts, Guts and Luck
10. Life's little Detour by Regina Brett

It's good to have a balanced diet of books, meaning a mix of different genre of books will be good for over all well being of us. Just like a balanced diet :)

Books have been a life saver in various aspect of my life and I can say that it marks a pivotal moment in my life journey at different stages. Osho is a turning point, Alchemist resonates with the explorer in me, Little Prince is a reminder of little things in life, Anna and mister god is the child in me, Starbucks pour your heart into it fuels my love of business and passion in doing good, 100 dollar startup is insights and energy booster of possibilities, oh and not forgetting Tuesday with Morrie, a guidance to life and love. What books have accompany you and being an angel all these while?

No comments:

Post a Comment