Monday, July 2, 2012

We have the power to choose

There is something that perhaps give a false sense of security about following a routine and a set of patterns and habits. We human, like it or not, we are pretty habitual animals. We are good at establishing habits and following it consistently. Well I must admit, at some point, following a habit seems like the most convenient thing to do and perhaps the most time efficient thing. But how do we assure we are not trapped by patterns we established ourselves?
I realise most of my fears arise from patterns, from memories of how certain things could turn out to be based on past experiences which my mind seems to automatically sweep it into some set of patterns. There seems to have something like an activator of fear from each of these patterns.

Patterns are perhaps crafted from our different levels of fear and beliefs. If we could switch our mindset and change a perspective, we may notice pattern is there because we fear. I saw someone recently which reminded me of how fragile I was, how powerless I could be, how deep hurts could bring, how trust could be played out. It certainly stings. I remember that sting, I suddenly find myself scared of being caught in those same patterns. I certainly didn't want to feel powerless, ugly and unloved. The patterns repeat in my mind, the fear increases. And at some point, I made a conscious choice to say it's enough. I stood up for myself this time round. Why do I have to succumb to some sort of pattern that my mind wired up itself with memories of pain. Because undeniably, as the word pain could be felt, it's usually deep and sharp, which means definitely unforgettable in some ways. So it's only natural for the brain to wired itself up something unforgettable. But why do I have to take my mind so seriously when ultimately I'm the master of it. I have the power to hold it, empower it and of course setting it free from these patterns. Yes I made an conscious choice. I love, I give love to my mind from my heart. I called upon the energy of love. Because just as I know fear, I know love too. So why don't I let them meet and perhaps greet each other with grace instead of letting one hurting the other. I choose love. I felt loved. And most importantly, I know as much as I could be powerless and fragile, I have a heart of love to give. I choose to be love and to love, instead of being fear and be afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment