Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Remain mindful is a key to be appreciative

I was reading kind of intensely in the train, on my way to the east to meet Bird for breakfast. Suddenly something rolled past me and took my eyes from my iPad. It was an indian woman who seated on a handicap mobile bike, apparently steer her bike wrongly and instead of moving front, it rolled back and hit onto another passenger. The passenger was kind to immediately reassure the woman that it's alright. The woman was with a man, I would assume its her husband who carry a plank and laid it on the gap between the platform n train door for the woman to ride her bike over the plank to he platform. Just at this point, the train door is closing n just within a few seconds, the door closes just as the man pick up the plank and move out and place the plank at the back of the woman. Through the whole process, she seems nonchalant to the man and everything around her. It's understandable. She rode fast ahead of the man as they probably heading out of the station. But as an observer, something stirs some thoughts and emotion in me. A visual of a man and woman holding hands strolling along a park appear in my mind. This seemingly small and simple gestures and so much. Imagine riding the mobility bike and not able to hold hand with the partner. I feel for it, for her, for that moment. Maybe I'm feeling too much. But that's a call to be appreciative for each and every moment and gestures with thankfulness and grace. How would the man feel when the woman riding fast ahead seemingly filled with resentment. Well I have to clarify that all this is simply a slice of my perspectives. But frankly, this moment, situation and perspective is common and could happen to anyone of us. What we do? It's tough to remain thankful when there is something not so nice happen to us. This is the truth, but it is also important to be conscious about how we hold our perspectives and how our reactions, actions could affect people, loved ones around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment