Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Life in rainbow

Have been finding it so hard to settle down and write even though ideas, thoughts, words have been popping in and out. Finally, I'm on leave. Long awaited. Though it's just a few days but sometimes all you need is just that few days to get away from things, responsibilities for others and be responsible for myself. Jump out of bed, paranoid about work, make some phone calls and texts to settle things. Go back to bed and can't sleep. Woke up to breakfast and reading papers. Started raining heavily as the sun comes out to join the fun. My mum was saying the weather is mad. I told her excitedly "that means there is chance for rainbow!" I don't know exactly why I love rainbow so much! I just get excited each time I see one, knowing each one is a miracle that I seen. 
Because rainbow is created only at that precise angle where the sun shines its light on the little droplets of moisture in earth's atmosphere.
It shows the beautiful colours in a spectrum of light which we don't usually see in light we experience. In fact, I google about rainbow and visibility and realise its a gift that human can see such beautiful colours because most animals can't, except birds!!! Birds could see wider range of colors than us!! aww that is getting me sooo excited!!! And Im thankful that Birds can see colours because if not, they wouldn't know the beauty of their feathers eh. We tends to forget the gifts we have as human and not able to see our true power and beauty within. It is always here. We are born with gifts, it is up to us to unwrap each gift and let it shine. 
Speaking of rainbow, I used to look for it and hope I could see one. I will look up the sky and wonder where are the rainbow. How come I don't see one. I will feel disappointed when it seems everyone sees it except me and when I really do see one, I hope it could last longer. Or there are times when I literally run after a rainbow, trying to catch a better glimpse of it, but by the time, I reach there, its gone. I was disappointed once again. 

However, what I really miss is not the rainbow. What I really miss is living, life, miracles because beauty of rainbow exists in me. 
It is a gift that I am born to be able to witness rainbows. 
Each of us is like a light. We are made of beautiful colors. 
We can choose to recognize our colors, our gifts and let it shine.
There is no need to be disappointed where everyone sees it except me. Because the rainbow already exist in us, in the things we see, in our perspectives of things, in the life we touch. 
There is no need to wish it lasts longer because we can choose to let our "rainbow" shines, paint a beautiful picture and let our beauty lasts as long as we want.
There is no need to chase after rainbow because it is here. It has always been. 

Well,  I didn't see rainbow in the sky today. But as I look up, here's a beautiful sun rays shining through the dark clouds, shining its glorious beauty upon us. I wonder how many have witness this moment? Are we getting too used to being too busy to look up the sky and marvel at its grandeur? How many things have we missed when we are busy making things happen? 
This reminds me of a line in the song "Beautiful boy" by John Lennon; 
"Life is just what happens to you,
While your busy making other plans,"




No comments:

Post a Comment