Thursday, February 14, 2013

One day

Happy Valentines day! Happy love day! It's 14.02! A date I put on poster and urge people to buy gift for their loved ones. That's my job. Ironically, I didn't really specially buy gift for bird for this day. Guess I prefer a no stress way of gift buying. Hehe I have given bird a few gifts of laughters this past few days out of my clumsy acts. Seriously I don't mind wrapping a ribbon over myself n say there you are; your gift! Haha this is the sort of silly random things that bee would love to do on bee style. Haha it's gonna be our bird days literally for the soulbirds hehe I'm looking forward because its such an unique feeling to know ur best friend is your hubby to be and both share the same date. I do somehow feel that this is guided. I won't forget how I can't stand bird when I first know him and my little astonishment to know that he share the same birthdate as me! I almost flip off my chair n quickly go Facebook to hide my birthday since I don't want to let bird know. It was hilarious! I even go to my boss n ask did he purposely find someone who shared the same birthday to curb my nonsense hahaha of course my boss have no idea about it! He just gave me a smirk on his face. To think of it now, I was such a kid. I'm still a kid. Just a little more sensitive n sensible I guess.

It's raining heavily. I'm hiding in McDonald, sipping hot tea alone. An aloneness I appreciate. Looking at teenagers passing by carrying rose reminds me of my teenage days. How girls would gift each other little sweet heart shaped cards with sweet "best friends" messages. And how the school seems to be so full of love with people running sneaking around to pass secret letter or flowers. How everyone seems to be excited about being admired or admiring someone. If I didnt remember wrongly, I received a super large card and a teddy bear from one of the scouts. I was stunned and excited and all those mixed feelings. Most of all, being a little weirdo me.. I was thinking oh no why a teddy bear! I'm not your typical Girly girl! Haha I might have asked the person, why me? Hahaha I don't remember if I get an answer. After which, I do remember there always is those teasing and awkwardness when we were at our girl guide n scout event. Oh by the way! I suddenly remember! That guy prob had the same name as me! My mandarin name pronunciation! Of course, for probably just a brief one moment, we held hands. It feels awkward! It wasn't love of course. Probably not even infatuation. He was a nice hearted person. It's simply something teenagers do. Haha a side story.. In the end I chose someone who sneak an anonymous drawing under my school desk! Someone who make me draws out my gut to confront if that's his drawing. And guess what he said no! Haha imagine my embarrassment! But as always, I walked away like nothing though I really want to bury my head. It's funny! I did confront the right person, the person who drew me the picture which I don't remember what it is now. So guess after all, I'm more interested in drawings than teddy bear. Some call this puppy love. I thought it sounded real silly. At that point of time, No one thinks about living together forever or any future. But yet it was after all a first exploration, adventure into the world of "emotions and perhaps love" It was nice, sweet, memorable, painful and a lesson. It's all a part of living life.

As years passed, valentine days is more of a a day to remember love, celebrate love with your loved ones; your partner, friends, family:)

Its not about the gift nor the flower. It's about remembering and appreciation of one another:)



No comments:

Post a Comment