Saturday, February 2, 2013

It's not about the flower, it's love

I always thought giving artificial flower is insincere and cannot understand why my mum always say she prefer artificial flowers because they can last. I always brushed it off, thinking that she is probably being thrifty and want to recycle the flowers. That day at ikea, saw her so thrilled over those artificial flowers which are beautiful to me, but has always been seen as props in my perspectives. She was looking at them, adoring and she told me something that suddenly open up a different view to me. She said she wish her children could buy her a stalk of artificial flower each year.. So she can accumulate flowers in her life time. Somehow that statement shows more than her liking of flowers. It's her longing of love from us.. And I have this realization about giving; its not what we think its worth to give, it's how the receiver value n want to be given. So yes! I bought the flowers another day when I was at ikea again and this time round I was happy giving the artificial flower. It's no longer about the flower. It's purely the significance of love between me and mama. I wrapped it up with a ribbon and she was surprised and of course happy! She arranged the flowers in a vase and showing off to me. I smile. She told me she was looking at the flowers till she fall asleep and she carry the vase in and out of a cabinet haha. That's just so my mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment