Sunday, February 17, 2013

Mama mi ya!

Yes! I had a very fulfilling Sunday! First, my mama delighted me with these little red birthday eggs with birthday wishes written on it with a marker! And I love the smiling face most! That is the best gift from mama! Seriously! She has been asking me what I want for my birthday. I told her no need. But those eggs mean so much! Her handwriting with misspelled word and quirky smiling face! That's so mama! And that's all I need from her! Being my mama! Being that sometimes naggy, sometimes silly, and most of the time cute mama! She is someone who will dress up my plush bear, someone who shake her butt when she hear Macarena, someone who hugged me and (grin like as i present to her a huge diamond) when I agree to go sentosa aquarium, someone who would though not highly educated but have a smart way of counting (she called it ba ka Li Shen (hokkien) meaning "Indian calculation), someone who cried when we got her a bonia bag (yes! Believe it or not, some may think its just a bonia and not a LV, but here she is utterly touched and contented with a bonia), someone who shows her tiny jealousy when we brought papa out for birthday dinner (she is just so "nothing to hide" kind of personality), someone who would ask us for money (but mainly because she want to help us save), someone who feel grateful and thankful simply with her children holding her hands or simply buy her an apple pie, someone who would so excitedly buy 4D (but got the number upside down), someone who would patch up our tiny holes in clothes and make it look brand new, someone who expresses her insecurity and fear of being alone after her children are married... I could go on and on.. Recounting and reminiscing moments with her.. She is just a simple woman who still have that kid in her, all authentic and contended. Her children and family is her everything. Any diamond or bonia or if there is a LV will simply be a "bonus". Her commitment and dedication to her family is more than 100% (something I wouldn't dare to say I could live up to but I must say I look up to). How could anyone not love this woman? I love this woman more than words can express and I'm proud that I'm an extension of her. Oh did I mention; she is the best cook ever. No five star restaurant can compares to that mama flavor:) (which get me to see I could learn more on cooking and not just about management or consulting)

She brought me to get my birthday cake. Something that have not happen for a long while because I always thought I didn't want to create a hoo haa about my birthday. But somehow this time, I realise that bringing daughter to choose a birthday cake experience could well be an experience she long for ever since we all "grew up". Her children's birthday marks an important day for her; its a day after months of carrying us and risking health and sacrificing much part of her self to finally meet us, raise us, watch us grow and gain independence and finally hoping we will always love and remember her unconditionally. Happy Birth-Day to my mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment