Sunday, September 9, 2012

A glimpse

Bee is finally quieting down to some alone time. Time to recollect, reminisce and perhaps reflect. Been busy with work n follows by activities. I love activities. I love gathering with people who I care. I feel it's a blessing to be invited to someone's home party to celebrate, be it house warming or a kid's birthday. So I attended both this weekends. It's nice to see everyone around; colleagues and friends. Visiting a friend or colleague's home brings much warmth to the relationship, understanding how a family live. Human is about exchanging the art of living together isn't it. Seeing joy in the host's face just makes me feel good. And seeing how a family and friends help each other out in a function like this, simple thing like passing a piece of tissue or clearing some trash, I smile inside and have to agree that there is nothing more important than family and being loved and giving love.

Somehow as I ran through these activities. Something else pop up in my mind today. What is marriage? The debatable question that holds different answers in different people. Today, somehow in a rather strange way, I suddenly able to feel how my mum have felt and understand why she do certain things she do. Suddenly I feel why married friends have to buy dinner back for hubby who is well enough to get his own dinner.

I been with bird into recent activities; house party n birthday party. There was no seat in the room. I naturally look out for seat for bird and keep asking him if he want to eat. He said no, but still I brought a chicken Wong to him on a plate, keep asking him if he want something. Someone asked to use his umbrella while they barbecue in the rain. Naturally, was err should I? Will bird be okay with lending umbrella? When bird is sitting beside me, reading book from iPhone, I'm thinking is he bored? I been thinking of him and naturally putting him first. Suddenly I see myself behaving like how my girl friend behave towards their hubby. I see a different side of me. I want to make sure my partner is okay. My mum used to tell me how people changes and tends to behave like their spouse after they married and asked why are these people so afraid of their hubby. I used to think that yea, why do people change and that women should take their stand. But somehow today I have a glimpse of a different perspective. Perhaps its not about being obedient or fearful of hubby but rather naturally putting them first and want to make sure they are fine, eat well and live well. Maybe that's why my mum keep asking us to eat even though we told her we are full. Perhaps it's something natural to her. Guess if any of my close friends and buddies were to read this post and hear my views will have such a shock and probably laughing at me in disbelief. Probably no one would think I would have such thought because I'm the free spirit in their eyes. I'm the wild child. I'm drift with the wind. Yea. I'm all that but just something to a (I would to call it); a higher level? Well:)

Someone told me that a lady should get a hubby who can take care of her. I absolutely agree. But I think we should not marry with such expectation but rather let us just be giving and asked ourselves what can we give. Put it simply; perhaps marriage begins with mutual respect, trust and caring.

Well here's bee's musing on my long ride home on this cold night.

No comments:

Post a Comment